It is not a big deal to bid goodbye to your software because it is not going to sink as it took it from the title. It is going away from the users but in a way. Every year, QuickBooks startle us with new and improved features to make it sync with today’s business requirements.
As QuickBooks makes its way to the new and enhanced accounting life, it relinquishes the older versions for good. The users are well aware off about the discontinuation of the support services and other add-ons offered by Intuit for the QuickBooks 2014 which covered almost all the versions like Pro, Premier, Enterprise, Accountant, and Mac, etc.
WHEN QB DESKTOP IS GOING TO DISCONTINUE?
QuickBooks Desktop for both Windows and Mac is not exactly going to discontinue anyways, but access to the add-on services in QuickBooks is going to terminate. This is going to happen after 31st May 2019 and this will be in effect to the QuickBooks Desktop 2016 (including Enterprise, Premier, Accountant Solutions, Pro, and Mac).
You will be a lucky duck if you are using QB 2016 but not already using any of the add-ons. This is because the disco policy is not going to affect your software but just the add-on services. Added to this, there will not be a scope to make you able to subscribe to the policy and enhancement updates and upgrade notification.
WHAT ARE THE SERVICES TO DISCONTINUE?
Here is a list of all the services that you will lose:
- QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Services
- Live Support
- Online Banking
- The online Backup and all the services that are offered by the software QuickBooks Desktop 2016.
Below is a list of products affected by the discontinuation policy 2019 for QuickBooks Desktop 2016 products:
- QuickBooks Desktop Pro 2019 – 2016 as usual.
- For QuickBooks Desktop Premier 2019,18, & 17 – QB Premier 2016 for General Business, Manufacturing, Contractors, Wholesalers, Retailers, Professional Services, and Non-Profit.
- For QuickBooks Desktop for Mac 2019 – 2016.
- The QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions 19, 18 and 17 – 2016.
- QuickBooks Desktop Accountant 19, 18 and 17 – QuickBooks Premier Accountant Edition 2016.
- QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale.
If you wish to use the latest add-on services, it is advisable to upgrade your software to the latest go or you will never be able to experience it.
PACK-UP AND UPGRADE!
It is time to upgrade your software to the latest version with all the necessary add-ons that you wish to have. Why wait for May end to complete the update, disco it out and upgrade your software now.
Haunting you with the ugliest truth, it might happen that on the 2nd of June you are unable to run the payroll because QuickBooks doesn’t support it now. Soon you upgrade your system, better you are going to use it and it will benefit you.